Frequently Asked Questions
If the desiccant needs regeneration the system will inform you. Refer to the “User Operations” section in the manual for the right steps to regenerate the desiccant. If you won’t be operating the device for a long period of time remove the desiccant container from the device. The desiccant container has valved connectors which, once engaged (by removing from the mating connector) should be able to protect the desiccant from absorbing Humidity.
Operating the device with saturated or unsupported desiccant will not give satisfactory results.
Cleaning the fans - use a brush to gently clean the fans from the outside of the device if these accumulate dust. Compressed air can also be used to do this.
Outer surface - use a damp cloth to clean the outer surfaces of the device.
• Download the firmware update file from our Downloads page to your laptop or computer.
• Connect your Drywise filament dryer device to the laptop or computer.
• Run the downloaded file and wait for the update procedure to finish.
• The Drywise filament dryer device should be updated with the latest firmware.
• Download the LCD Screen firmware from our Downloads page onto a Micro SD Card.
• Switch off the Drywise, and insert the Micro SD card into the slot on the bottom of the screen.
• Switch on the Drywise, and wait for the screen to flash the new firmware. This will show up on a blue screen. Once the screen has been flashed, and the word END shows up, the screen is flashed.
• Switch off the Drywise, and remove the Micro SD card from the slot on the bottom of the screen.
• Switch on the Drywise. The screen should be updated now.